Vista Higher Learning is looking for a creative Audio Production Coordinator (APC) to join our dynamic Tech Production team. In this role, you will work closely with our experts in the editorial and project management teams to identify, understand and execute audio requirements for our wide range of French, Spanish, German and Italian language programs. With your talent and passion for creating audio you play an important role in the design and execution of a range of technology and media products that inform and inspire students and teachers from K-12 and higher education. You will also work with external media content suppliers to coordinate audio assets, explore new audio opportunities as our premium products continue to evolve and help drive forward the project pipeline in a fast paced, collaborative and creative environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Media and Editorial team members to plan, produce, and create audio for our textbook and online programs on budget and on schedule
- Gather project requirements with the Producer, Editorial and PM teams for all new audio recording projects- define scope and key deliverable deadlines
- Use standard tools, software and audio equipment, such as mixing boards and broadcasting tools, to produce in-house recordings that achieve detailed project goals
- Review scripts to get a feel for dialogue, tone, pace and music requirements, providing expert advice and recommendations to the editorial team at the pre-production stage
- Maintain our audio digital library, backing up all audio materials created each year with the support of our IT team
- Manage the audio project workflow within our tracking system (JIRA) to fulfill internal audio requests including in-house recording and audio patching and retrieving legacy audio when needed
- Travel to site locations (locally) for video shoots to give real-time audio advice and solutions to the on-set actors and visual production team
- Deliver post-production edits
- Hire and manage freelance audio talent as needed. Recruit international and professional voice talent actors following editorial voice specifications for premium level products.
- Track costs and scheduled deliverables to assure proper and timely delivery of assets across teams
- Act at the key intermediary amongst stakeholders - internal and external - to meet audio deliverables by coordinating tasks, schedules and deadlines throughout the project lifecycle through to completion.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Bachelor degree in audio production, sound engineering or related field.
- 1-3 years’ experience working with computer software for recording and audio production, mixing boards, broadcasting equipment and other related functions.
- Working knowledge of Spanish and/or a second language is a strong plus.
- Experience working with budgets, tracking costs and meeting deliverables on time.
- Experience using standard business software and project management tools such as JIRA, Slack, Skype, and SharePoint.
- Highly collaborative work ethic; works effectively with cross-functional teams, while also able to work independently when required.
- Excellent communication skills, builds rapport with peers and clients and is able to articulate technical specifications to non-technical audiences.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple ongoing projects simultaneously.
- Self-motivated, with a strong desire to succeed in a highly creative, collaborative and deadline driven environment.
Why join us? We at Vista Higher Learning are proud to say that we’re not just another publisher. We’re the leading specialized language publisher for U.S. and Canadian higher education and secondary school markets whose first-hand knowledge of languages and diverse cultures sets us apart from other publishers. We’re passionate about developing educational materials that incorporate authenticity and culture. We bring a fresh new approach to teaching languages by integrating technology, design, content, and pedagogy to make learning easier, more practical, and more rewarding. With current programs in Spanish, French, Italian and German Vista Higher Learning is committed to helping people communicate across languages and cultures.
Our benefits package includes life/health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), educational assistance, PTO and paid holidays. Our benefits package includes life/health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), educational assistance, PTO and paid holidays. Plus we offer all sorts of fun perks such as monthly chair massages, company lunches, onsite cardio and strength training classes and much more!
Vista Higher Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, and/or protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law